Jul 24, 2013
Are you a current Wake County home owner who is thinking about selling your property anytime soon?
If so, then you’re sure to be interested in today’s Wake County real estate blog!
Today, I’m going to tell you about why it’s important to stage the living room of your home before listing your property, plus provide you with tips on how to expertly stage this part of your home.
Home Selling Tips in Wake County, NC
As I have previously noted in my blog, staged homes tend to sell faster and for a higher price than non-staged homes.
The reasons are simple: Staged homes make properties feel more warm and inviting. They also emphasize space and light in the home and make it easier for residents to visualize living there.
It’s especially important to stage those rooms on the first floor since buyers tend to form an opinion about the home within several seconds of stepping inside.
Thus, it’s important to stage your living room in such a way that makes the buyer fall in love with the home.
Here are some ways you can achieve that effect:
- Create a focal point in the room, whether it’s a mirror over the mantle or candles or something else.
- Add a rug to the room to help set the scene and create a sense of warmth
- Set plants in the room. Vegetation signals warmth and life.
- Set out knickknacks in odd-numbered groupings, like 3 or 7.
- Use brightly colored accents, such as pillows or flowers.
- Use smaller furniture to make the room feel bigger
- Use lamps to bring light to dark corners of the room
- Avoid blocking windows, which are a great source for natural light
All of these tips have the desired effect of making your living room feel warmer, more inviting, larger and more open.
And these are exactly the kind of qualities that today’s Wake County home buyers are looking for!
Wake County Real Estate for Sale
Of course, home staging should not just stop at the living room. As we mentioned before, it’s important to stage every room in the house, particularly those on the main level.
We have years of experience helping home sellers like you on such local markets in Wake County as:
We’ll help you in the same way with expert advice and valuable resources like:
Until next time,