May 19, 2011
As we head into the summer months many of us will be watering the lawns and flowers, washing cars, washing windows, etc. Here are a few tips from the City of Raleigh website on water conservation. If each of us started doing just 1 of these, it would make a difference.
- When washing dishes- fill one sink with wash water and the other with rinse water. Do not run the water while washing.
- Use the dishwasher and washing machine only when they are full. This could save 1000 gallons a month.
- Test your shower head to see if its water efficient. If the shower can fill a one gallon bucket in less than 20 seconds it is not water efficient and should be replaced with one that is.
- Do not run the water while washing hands, brushing teeth or shaving.
- Don’t drop tissues in the toilet.
Make it a great day Triangle!!
PS- Did you check out our featured listings page yet? We’ve got new listings coming on the market all over Wake County. Call us today to help you with all your real estate needs!