Dec 24, 2014
Evidently, during the month of October, U.S. home prices increased at a faster year-over-year pace in October than September. And the city of Raleigh just rode that wave, with home prices increasing 4 percent.
If you’re in the market to sell your home anytime soon, I recommend you continue reading to learn more about these recent trends.
First, a Look at National Housing Market Trends
Here’s what the most recent report from CoreLogic said:
- The firm projects that home values will increase 5.1 percent over the next 12 months.
- It also predicts that about half of the country’s homes will match or surpass their pre-recession prices by mid-2015
- Every state reported a price gain in October.
- Prices reaches brand new highs in Colorado, Louisiana, Nebraska, New York, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas and Wyoming.
- Home values are within 10 percent of their previous peaks in 27 states.
- In pockets like Texas, Seattle and Denver, prices are increasing faster than the rest of the country.
And Here’s a Look at How Raleigh is Doing
Here’s an overview of the real estate market in our City of Oaks, according to recent market data:
- Currently there are 2,776 homes for sale on the market, including a few hundred that are in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- The median sales price for Raleigh homes between August and November was $198,000.
- During that time period, 843 homes sold on the Raleigh real estate market.
- The average price per square foot for Raleigh homes was $125 between August and November.
- During the week ending on Nov. 26, the average listing price for Raleigh homes was $348,095, up 3.4 percent from the week before.
We Can Help You Get a Great Price on Your Raleigh Home for Sale
We have helped scores of home sellers just like you over the years with the sale of their property and we’d be happy to help you as well. We’ll offer you valuable advice, user-friendly resources and so much more to ensure the successful sale of your property.
Until next time,