Apr 24, 2013
Investing in a home is the biggest and most important purchase that you’ll ever make. Therefore, it should go without saying that interested home buyers should take some time to consider what’s really important to them in a home.
Today, I’m going to tell you about some quality of life factors that buyers should look in their next home.
Living in Wake County, NC
Here are some important considerations when it comes to buying a Wake County home:
- Drive through the neighborhood at different times of the day and evening to get a feel for the traffic in the neighborhood and address any safety concerns you may have.
- Walk or bike through the neighborhood to get a feel for how pedestrian-friendly it is and how easy it is to navigate on foot/bike.
- Visit with local business owners in the immediate vicinity and ask them about the community. Because they’re a local business in the area, they may be able to provide you with a new perspective.
- Check out the opening and closing times for businesses in the area to get a feel for what kind of access to amenities you’ll have when you live in the neighborhood.
- From the house you’re considering, drive to such important amenities as the police station and hospital to see how long it will take for you to get there when you’re living in your new home.
- Check out the public transportation schedule and stations to see how convenient it will be for you to access them and how long it will take to get to downtown Raleigh or other epicenters in the Wake County area.
- Search the internet for other community resources like clubhouses, civics groups and more in the area.
- Check with the local police department to inquire about crime statistics in the area.
By doing a little research like this yourself, you’ll feel confident and pleased with your Wake County real estate decision on closing day.
Search the Wake County Real Estate Market Now for Your Next Home
If you’re ready to take the next step toward owning your own piece of Wake County real estate, please contact me, Rachel Kendall, today!
I’ll be happy to help you navigate any one of the following Wake County area real estate markets:
- Apex, NC
- Cary, NC
- Clayton, NC
- Durham, NC
- Fuquay Varina, NC
- Garner, NC
- Holly Springs, NC
- Knightdale, NC
- Morrisville, NC
- North Raleigh, NC
Until next time,