Nov 06, 2013
While this is a joyous time of year, it can also be stressful, especially for home owners wanting to sell their property during the holiday.
Today, I’m going to provide tips on how to successfully sell your home on the Raleigh real estate market during the holidays.
Holiday Home Selling in Wake County
It’s a well-known fact that the spring and summer times are the busiest times for home selling.
But that doesn’t mean that it’s impossible to sell your home during the winter months!
In fact, you may be at an advantage because you can feel more confident that the buyers navigating the market in Raleigh during the winter are serious buyers.
Here are some tips to follow if you have your home listed on the market during the winter months:
- Neutralize your holiday decorations so as not to inspire any inherent prejudices in would-be home buyers.
- Consider getting a smaller Christmas tree so as not to dwarf the room it’s in
- Use more red than green in decorations because it’s a more appealing color
- Stack any wrapped presents in one specific area of the home so it looks organized
- Don’t leave unattended candles burning, even during showings
- Set some plates on the counter to add to the festive spirit in the home
- Consider simmering some apple cider on the stove to also add to the spirit of the holidays
Your Wake County Real Estate Experts!
We have years of experience helping home owners like you sell their homes in every season!
Until next time,