Apr 17, 2013
Although things have steadily been improving for home sellers on the Wake County real estate market, conditions are still tending to favor the home buyer.
Thus, at times like these, it’s important to have an effective home marketing plan in place.
Today, I’m going to tell you about the dos and don’ts of an effective marketing strategy on the Wake County housing market!
Real Estate for Sale in Wake County
Here are some of the things that you should try to avoid when marketing your home on the local housing market:
- Don’t upload poorly shot photographs online. Whether they’re blurry or dark or something else – these photos will represent your home purely and may turn off home buyers who don’t think you know what you’re doing with a camera, much less a real estate transaction. Remember: Sometimes first impressions are lasting.
- Don’t upload too few photos online. The more photos you can share with prospective home buyers the better because it will give them a more well-rounded idea of what your home has to offer.
- Don’t forget to include important information or descriptions on marketing materials. For instance, on photos, provide some background about what exactly is being photographed. You may also consider pointing out in captions some of the special features of a room, such as hardwood flooring or stainless steel kitchen appliances.
- Don’t scoff at real estate agent home previews. Sometimes the buyer is too busy to see all the houses they’re interested in and so agents go on their own to report back to their client. This can be just as valuable of a home showing as if the actual buyer was there. Approach it that way.
- Don’t make it difficult to schedule a showing by putting barriers in the way like having no lockbox on the property, restricting the hours to show and requiring a 24-hour notice.
- Don’t skimp on print advertising. There is value in advertising your home in newspapers and magazines just like there is value in advertising it online. Don’t forget either mediums.
Here are some of the things you want to make sure you do when marketing your home:
- Do upload plenty of clear pictures with tons of light to show off your home’s best assets.
- Do include descriptions with photos and marketing materials that highlight what makes your home unique and downplay any negative factors to your home.
- Do set out snacks and comment cards during home showings. This will help home buyers feel at home and welcome, which is a great state of mind for them to be in if you want them to ultimately make an offer on your home.
- Do make it easy for buyers to see your home by having a call first policy on your home and using a lockbox.
- Do include buyer incentives. In today’s market, buyers have their picks of homes for sale in the area. Makes your stand out by offering an incentive, such as money toward the buyer’s closing costs, a home protection plan or pre-paid homeowner association fees for a year.
- Do include a virtual tour. Most buyers will start searching for their dream home online first and so you want to make sure you have provided them adequate resources to fall in love with your home. This includes a virtual tour!
List Your Wake County Property With Us!
Luckily, you will not have to tackle home marketing alone when you work with us at the Rachel Kendall Team.
And we’ll be more than happy to help you as well!
Until next time,