Oct 08, 2014
It’s been a great month of the Raleigh, NC real estate market, at least according to the latest housing market data.
According to recent market data from Trulia, the Raleigh real estate market saw an increase in the average price per square foot, as well as the median sales price.
This is great news for anyone currently thinking about listing their home on the market!
The Raleigh Real Estate 411
Here’s an overview of the current state of the housing market in Raleigh:
- Currently there are 3,162 homes for sale on the market, including a couple hundred that are in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- Between June and September, the average price per square foot for Raleigh homes was $128, up 2.4 percent from the same period last year.
- Meanwhile, the median sales price during that same period was $218,000 based on 1,469 home sales.
- When compared to the same period last year, the median home sales price increased 4.3 percent, or $9,000.
- And the total number of home sales decreased 35.2 percent.
- Here’s how other communities compared when it came to median sales price
- Cary $295,000
- Apex $275,000
- Holly Springs $250,000
- Garner $136,750
- Durham $183,000
- During the week ending on Sept. 24, the average listing price for Raleigh homes was $346,266, up 0.3 percent from the week before.
- During that previous week, the average listing price was $345,400.
- Here’s a specific breakdown of average listing price for homes in Raleigh:
- 1-bedroom homes: $196,376
- 2-bedroom homes: $179,119
- 3-bedroom homes: $249,761
- 4-bedroom homes $249,761
- Here’s how other communities compared when it came to average listing price
- Cary $399,951
- Apex $342,949
- Holly Springs $353,762
- Garner $223,866
- Durham $260,491
Your Dedicated Raleigh REALTORS®
If you’re planning on listing your home anytime soon on the local housing market in Raleigh, then please make sure to take a moment to contact us at The Rachel Kendall Team.
We are your dedicated Wake County real estate experts and we would love to assist you by answering any questions you may have as well as providing you with some valuable home marketing tips!
Until next time,