May 22, 2013
Are you a Wake County resident who is currently weighing whether to purchase or rent your next home?
If so, then you’re sure to find today’s real estate blog helpful!
Today, I’m going to break down for you when it’s best to rent and when it’s best to buy!
Wake County, NC Real Estate for Sale
First, let’s start with the reasons for renting a property in Wake County:
- You don’t have a savings account, let alone enough money for a home down payment
- You don’t want to be responsible for the maintenance of your unit
- You’re moving to a new city soon and don’t want to be tied down to a property
- You’re in another type of transition, such as getting married or getting a new job
- Your income is not consistent
Residents should be aware that renting is not without its drawbacks. The main drawback is that your money is going toward something you’re never going to own.
But other drawbacks may include the fact that you’re sharing walls with your neighbors and you’re limited on the kind of improvements you can make to your home.
Meanwhile, here are the reasons for investing in a Wake County property:
- You have a steady job that you don’t intend to leave anytime soon
- You have a growing family and need the space
- You recognize that it’s a buyer’s market right now and therefore an amazing time to invest
- You want to be able to own a piece of property you can liberally make improvements on
- You’re financial stable enough to afford the investment
Of course, it’s important to note that as a home owner, you’ll be responsible for all maintenance and repairs, as well as additional bills like property taxes.
But for many it’s worth it because you’ll finally be able to say that you own your own property!
Helping You With All of Your Wake County Real Estate Needs
We have years of experience helping interested home buyers like yourself on the following markets:
And we’ll be happy to help you as well by offering you practical advice as well as such home-buying resources as: